Before a chef enters a kitchen he goes to the local market and decides on all the ingredients he’s going to use to make that amazing lasagna that he’s been talking about all week. He can already smell the finish product even before one single ingredients touches kitchen. Just as a chef prepares every single aspect of his meal, we want to prepare you with the right ingredients to design a webpage that is stunning!
The ingredient list
Yep, we need to make sure we have all the correct ingredients to design a webpage that is successful.
- Hosting account – Where are you going to cook the meal? Your apartment, condo/townhouse, or house? If you don’t have a space to cook your website at, Viewen.com is more than happy to set you up with a prime hosting space that is absolutely stunning!
- WordPress – If you want to bake the perfect website, then you’ll need to have the best oven! WordPress is considered by many the best of the best when it comes to conventional ovens.
- Drag & drop page Builder – Unless you’re going to simply throw all your ingredients into the WordPress oven, then you’re going to need all the pots and pans to bake in. In order to create a responsive & mobile friendly WordPress sites with stunning features, lets get you hooked up with an awesome framework. This is actually the same framework we personally use for viewen: [themify_button style=”medium green rounded” link=”https://viewen.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/themify-simple-1.zip” ]Free Theme[/themify_button]
Design a Webpage
Now that you have all the correct ingredients to design an amazing website, let start putting it together. Lets pre-heat your oven by logging into your WordPress admin dashboard. How do I log into my WordPress dashboard you may ask? Typically this is done by entering your domain name and wp-admin afterwards. Here’s an example: http://www.viewen.com/wp-admin
Once logged in, we need to install the free theme we provided within the ingredient list. How do I install a WordPress theme you may ask again? It’s actually quite easy, follow these instructions and you should have this knocked out:
- Click “Appearance” which is located at your left-hand panel.
- Click “Add New” located towards the center lower top of the page.
- Click “Upload Theme” which is located at the center lower top of the page.
- Search for, “If you have a theme in a .zip format, you may install it by uploading it here.” click the Choose File button. After, locate the theme you downloaded from Viewen.com, and click “Install Now.”
- Last, click to activate theme and you’re down with this part.
Just like in cooking, creating a well designed website is about the preparation. Thus far, we have all the ingredients and tools that we’re going to need, now lets continue cooking!
The Secrete Sauce
The secrete sauce to any successful website is ensuring that you properly brand it. If you gotten to this point, we’re going to assume that you have already bought a domain name, and it’s properly pointing to Viewen. If you have not, and are ready to actually see your site live on the internet, then take a few minutes and update your nameservers at your domain registrar. Here’s a quick Q&A about establishing your online identity.
- What are Viewen’s nameservers? They are: NS1.viewen.com and NS2.viewen.com
- What’s a nameserver used for?A nameserver is a computer that is permanently connected to the Internet and translates domain names into IP addresses (or vice versa), enabling you to enter www.viewen.com instead of 22.214.171.124.
- Does Viewen.com sell domains? No. Viewen offers Free Hosting and Free Web Design, however we do not offer domain registration.
Your unique online identity is truly your secrete sauce. If you own a burger shop name, Little Bitty Burger Barn, then the most logical name for your website would be www.littlebittyburgerbarn.com.
If you’re wondering how you can update the Site Title in WordPress – here’s how you would go about it.
- Click on Settings.
- Fill in the empty area next to, “Site Title.”
- Click on Save Changes at the very bottom.
Since you’re already in the General Settings area of WordPress, lets also update your Tagline. Right below Site Title, you’ll see “Tagline.” in a few words, explain what your site is about.
- Start by providing context for your title, if it doesn’t already clearly indicate what you do.
- Make sure to emphasize or draw attention to the purpose of your site.
- It should set the tone for your site.
- Ensure they contain keywords that will help your site show up in searches.
To design a webpage that is stunning, we’ll have to take into consideration how many people are going to eat – in other words, how much traffic are you planning to have.